Monday, March 28, 2011

Travels: Days 10 & 11, London

Back in London for the last few days, we decided to take it very easy! Sunday morning we slept till nearly noon, after several days with very little sleep in Cork. We were lazy bums all day, running out to grab wine and then heading to her friends' for supper. They made a wonderful roast dinner, I ate so much that I could barely move! It was really nice to eat healthy after a week of pub food, haha.

On Monday we wandered around Camden Town, in particular the Camden markets. They were really funky! The layout was similar to the old Halifax Farmer's Market - old stalls, random little spaces and hallways - but with mostly clothing and accessories, not food. I bought a few little things, and then got a massage from fish! Tiny carp would swim around my feet and nibble off the dead skin cells. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to take it - my feet are so ticklish! But after a while it just felt similar to the sensation you feel just before a limb goes to sleep, kind of fuzzy.

The sun shining in Camden Town!

Camden Town High Street

Camden Stables market

Camden Market

The fish biting away!

So so strange!