Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last day in Iceland

Well, I'm freshly clean from my last geothermal shower. My flight leaves at 5pm today, so I'll be heading to the bus terminal soon to get a bus to Keflavík.

I have mixed emotions about leaving!

Things I will miss:
1. The great friends I've made here
2. The beautiful landscape
3. Skyr and hot dogs
4. Daylight all night long
5. The ducks

Things I'm excited to be home for:
1. My family & pets!
2. bbm :)
3. Weekends at Split Crow
4. Pogue
5. Salt & Vinegar chips

Just for comparison of how confused my mind is:
January 2nd, my first day here: Sunrise: 11:30am    Sunset: 3:45pm
May 25, my last day here: Sunrise: 3:40am     Sunset: 11:10pm

This semester has been the most amazing one of my life - I won't soon forget any of it!

Here are a few pictures from the last couple of days here.

FM Belfast at NASA
FM Belfast
2:30 am :)
7 am... just kidding, it's still 2:30!
Reykjavík Arts Festival
!!
Pole dancing x 100
Reykjavík Arts Festival
Reykjavík on a walk
An old staircase that I was too scared to explore!
Neat little pit area
Bunnies!
The ash coming to Reykjavík!
The Ash.
Drinks on our last night
3am "sunrise"
Bless, bless Ísland!! I'll miss you :)